Fire in Raymond injures one

Posted under 02ebea8f-1477-4f97-ac10-18d0ae80fa5f

One person was injured when her house caught fire around 6 p.m. on Tuesday. 
A person passing the scene contacted the Racine County Fire Department, and the Raymond Fire Department was dispacted. Also assisting in battling the blaze were the departments from Caledonia, South Shore, Tichigan, and Oak Creek. 
Earlier in the evening, the homeowner had lit a fire in her fireplace, but chimney damage caused the fire to get out of control. Firefighters were still on the scene at midnight, and the house was described by a fire official as "a total loss"
The 70-year-old homeowner was taken by ambulance to Wheaton Franciscan-All Saints Hosptial where she was treated for smoke inhalation injuries.
 
If you or a loved one has been injured in a fire, contact the Racine fire injury attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, by calling 800-242-2874.