Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. > Articles > Baby Carrier Injury

Baby Carrier Injury

Most parents are aware of dangers of lead paint on toys and the choking hazards associated with toys with small parts. However, there are still many other products that can endanger children. One device that causes injuries far too often are over-the-shoulder baby carriers, sometimes called baby backpacks. These are the items that adults wear on their backs to carry small children through grocery stores, parks, malls, and other sites while keeping their hands free.

While baby carriers may be useful, they can also be dangerous. If your son or daughter has been injured by a defective baby backpack or other child carrier, contact a tenacious Racine product liability attorney from Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874 to discuss your case.

Potential Causes of Baby Carrier Injury

Baby carriers are handy devices for active parents. They are designed to emulate the style of baby-carrying common throughout much of the world. Unfortunately, when baby carriers are improperly made or poorly designed, injuries can occur. Some potential problems with baby carriers are:

  • Latches that fail to stay secured
  • Sharp or protruding pieces that can cause lacerations
  • Straps that fail while carrying a child, causing him or her to fall

Babies often cannot tell you when they are experiencing discomfort, so you may be unaware of the harmful effects of your baby carrier until it becomes a serious problem. When this happens, your child may need medical treatment for injuries that arise from malfunctioning baby carriers. This can be an unpleasant experience for children and their parents alike.

Contact Us

Product designers and manufacturers have a responsibility to provide safe items, but they sometimes breach this duty. If a baby carrier manufacturer is responsible for an injury to your child, you may be able to seek legal damages. Call 800-242-2874 today to contact the Racine product liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. to learn more about your legal options.