Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. > Blog > 893a23a7-d56c-43f1-9b10-151b69af4bda > Milwaukee Home Blaze Caused by Dryer

Milwaukee Home Blaze Caused by Dryer

Posted under 893a23a7-d56c-43f1-9b10-151b69af4bda

A dryer is the apparent culprit in a northside Milwaukee house fire that broke out early Wednesday evening, displacing five residents.

According to the Milwaukee Fire Department, the dryer overheated and ignited the clothes inside, causing a blaze that spread from the basement to the first floor and resulted in $17,000 in damages.

25 firefighters responded to the call around 7:00 P.M., and were on the scene for over an hour. Although there were no smoke detectors in the house, the family escaped without injury after smelling smoke.

Defective household products account for thousands of fires every year, with devastating costs in human life and property damage. If you or someone you know has been affected by a house fire caused by a defective appliance, contact the Racine products liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874.