The parents of a boy with cerebral palsy recently amended a birth injury lawsuit that they filed in 2009 to include Triad, the makers of an alcohol wipe that was found to be contaminated with the same bacteria that caused the boy's brain damage.
The boy was born prematurely in Washington in 2007 with his twin brother. Both of the babies stayed in the hospital's neonatal care unit, however, one of the boys contracted a serious Bacillus cereus infection while the other was healthy. Now, the boy, who is 3-years-old, eats through a feeding tube and has severe motor disabilities. The parents of the boy filed a lawsuit against the hospital in which he was born in 2009, although they could not prove how the boy contracted the infection.
After much investigation, it was discovered that the Triad alcohol wipes may have led to the boy's infection because the wipes were contaminated with Bacillus cereus bacteria. The wipes have also been linked to eight deaths and several other health problems. An injunction was issued to the company by the FDA to prevent it from manufacturing any more products.
If you or someone you love has suffered health problems because of a contaminated medical product, please contact the Racine defective medical products lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874.