Racine Social Host Liability Lawyers

According to Wisconsin state law, individuals at a non-commercial property may not serve alcohol to minors except in specific cases, such as when their parents are with them.  Unfortunately, this has not prevented Wisconsin from having the highest rate of underage drinking in the country.  Each year, many of these minors also make the regrettable choice to drive while intoxicated.  In certain circumstances, the alcohol provider may be held accountable for any injury and damage caused by an intoxicated underage driver.

If you have been hurt by an alcohol-impaired minor driver, you may be able to hold the individual who furnished the alcohol accountable for related expenses. Contact a Racine social host liability attorney of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874 to discuss your potential case with a dedicated and experienced lawyer.

Factors in Social Host Liability Claims

When intoxicated minors cause a car accident, several conditions govern whether the individual who provided them with alcohol may bear financial responsibility for the resulting harm inflicted upon others.  The following factors are weighed:

  • Alcohol was served to a minor who was unattended by their parents
  • Money was given to a minor for the purpose of buying and consuming alcohol
  • Alcohol was provided to a person who identified him or herself as a minor
  • Alcohol was provided to a person who a reasonable person should have known was a minor

Contact Us

If you or someone close to you has been injured in a collision caused by a minor who was served alcohol at a social gathering, a civil lawsuit can help you to obtain financial compensation for your medical bills and other damages. Contact the Racine social host liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. by calling 800-242-2874 today for the capable and committed legal representation you need.